Planning a visit to Norway?
Here are our recommendations for before you visit, during your stay and when you return home. We hope you enjoy your visit!
Before your trip
- It is important to plan ahead, and order your tag well ahead of time. The postage to foreign countries may take up to 4 weeks, so start the prosess as soon as you can.
- Motorbikes does not pay on toll roads in Norway, only on ferries. If you are travelling by motorbike you may want to consider creating an agreement with https://ferrypay.no/ to make it easier on your journey.
- If you have rented a vehicle, and dont know the license plate number, you can contact our customer service to help you order the tag, but please create a profile on Self Service before you do, and remember to register the vehicle on the tag as soon as you have the license plate number.
- We normally use BankID as our log-in system, but you can also log in through "sign up". We have created a step by step guideline that will help you through the process.
- If you're having problems registering the details for your vehicle you can use our guidelines below which contains specifications as EU class and weight.
- For ferry crossings you already get 10% off with your agreement with Flyt, but you have the possibility to get more. If you create an additional agreement with AutoPASS-Ferry, and prepay a deposit, you can get a discount up to 50% on your ferry passings. Add your license plate and tag number to your ferry agreement, and you're good to go.
During your stay
We hope you're enjoying your stay, and the weather treats you well.
If you're planning on staying for a while it is important to keep an eye out for invoices on Self Service. The invoice is sent to your home address with a due date of 14 days. If you're not able to pay the invoice in due time, please contact our customer service so that we can postpone the invoice.
After your visit
If you're planning another visit to Norway with your vehicle, you can keep your agreement as is, and no other action is necessary.
If you're not planning on a return visit you have to stop your agreement on Self Service as soon as possible. Here you have two options;
Remove vehicle from tag: You can then keep the tag for a later visit.
Terminate tag: Close your agreement with Flyt.
If you created an agreement with AutoPASS-Ferry, you need to cancel this agreement as well to get the rest of your prepaid deposit back.
We hope you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we'll see you soon!